4. Amplify black voices on your social media. Share what you’re learning. Did you find a black-owned brand you love? Share it! Amplify their voices on your platform.
5. Listen. Black people are actively contributing to the conversation, take the time to listen. You can do this through podcasts, conversations, in order to understand, expose racism and offer solutions to end it.
6. Reflect on what you’re learning. Take the time to understand how you fit into the conversation, and how you can make changes to end injustices.
7. Support the movement, support your Black friends, support black-owned businesses, support where you can, and with what you can.
8. Vote! Show up to the polls, BE THE CHANGE. That means voting for political roles at the national, state, and local level.
9. Read books, articles, and educate yourself. These are frequent ones that are being borrowed among my friends:
Freedom Is A Constant Struggle by Angela Davis
They Can’t Kill Us All: Ferguson, Baltimore, And A New Era In America’s Racial Justice Movement by Wesley Lowery
Beloved by Toni Morrison
More Than Enough by Elaine Welteroth
10. Watch films about racism, and the injustices that are faced by the black community everyday. Make it be known! Educate yourself.
11. Volunteer your service. You can start by volunteering at the protests. Use your time to shuttle people to and from the protest, or provide the protesters with food and drinks, volunteer however you can. Other ways to volunteer is through non-profits. Call some of them up and ask how you can spend a day volunteering for them.
12. Serve. Do you have a special talent? Use that talent to give back. For example, my best friend is a graphic designer, and she designed BLM posters and gave them out for free!! I commissioned pet portraits, and donated all the money to BLM. If you have a calling, share that gift for the greater good.
“Learn to generously share what you have with those who ask for help, and don’t close your heart to the one who comes to borrow from you.” Matthew 5:42
“For even the Son of Man did not come expecting to be served by everyone, but to serve everyone, and to give his life as the ransom price in exchange for the salvation of many.” Mark 10:45
Since we’ve been home under the “stay home” order, I’ve had extra time to really focus on my wellbeing. Not just my mental health, but my body too. I’m taking the time to check in with myself, by asking “what do you need right now?” I decided to illustrate my top 4 drinks currently on rotation and their benefits for you to enjoy.
It has Matcha, which is obviously a superfood, that is rich in antioxidants. It has turmeric, which is great for gut health, and helps support skin clarity, also helps with bloating! Plus coconut makes up the base, which houses good for you fats, that support gorgeous hair, skin and nail health. Best way to serve it is with oat milk, ice cubes, in a nice blender, or toss some into your morning smoothie.
1 spoonful is literally a handful of greens! It has 6 ingredients including, wheatgrass (helps fight free radicals), barley grass (strengthens the immune system), moringa (anti-inflammatory), baobab (digestive health), spirulina (cell and tissue protection), and chlorella (helps remove toxins). Also, it tastes amazing with just some water. Side note: it’s also a great addition to your cooking. I add it my daughters spaghetti sauce, and she has no idea!
Its a natural, soothing and aromatic tea, that helps soothe the respiratory system with the combination of Licorice and Thyme. When you feel a headache coming on, or your allergies are at an all time high, this tea does the trick.
This delicious morning drink has ingredients that are designed to reduce free radical effects of the sun, pollution, stress and more. Totally necessary in a time like this. It gives extra love by protecting against oxidative photo damage, which leads to signs of premature aging like dullness, unevenness, fine lines and loss of firmness. Did I mention how delicious it is? I actually mix my super greens mix into it with some water and drink it every morning!
What are your go to drinks? Share with me your best wellness tips! If you try these out, let me know your thoughts!