Bacon + Beer = happiness
I can’t believe it’s been over a week since the hubs and I hit up the Dallas Bacon and Beer Classic with our best buds. Truth be told, I had no idea what we were in for. Our friends called and told us to get tickets because you know beer AND bacon. Plus there was so much hype all over social media. We ended up snagging some tickets and when the day arrived we used Lyft to drive us into Dallas because you know, we don’t play around with drinking and driving.
I had always wanted to visit the Foundry so I was super stoked that the event took place there. The place was full of excitement and none of us knew what to expect. They ended up handing us these little red cups with a card inside. The front side of the card had 12 cups that the breweries were to mark out after they poured you a drink. On the backside of the card there was a list of bacon-infused foods that the caterers marked out when you picked up your yummies.
Oh, and did I mention that there were buffet styles lines for bacon, just pure, crispy bacon? They had so many flavors and all you had to do was get in line and they served you all the bacon in the world. SO GOOD!
The bacon-infused food was the bomb! My favorites were the vanilla, sesame, bacon sticks and cheese fries because duh, my husband gave me his! He’s the best!
And can we talk about the beer? Oh my gosh… so many flavors but my favorite? Cherry cider! I think I filled up most of my card with this beer because you guys… cherry infused, need I say more?! They basically had a beer pavilion and it was heaven.
We spent the entire 2.5 hours of the event soaking up all the fun, making pretzel necklaces, playing human size jenga, bobbing for bacon and getting matching tattoos because why not?
Worth the hype?
Absolutely! This is the start of a yearly tradition and I hope they come back next year. Heck Tequila and tacos sounds like a great combo too! Right?! Either way, the event was worth the price. (about $50 per person) So if you get a chance to attend next year or if the event is happening in your neck of the woods, do it! Below are some fun tips I’ve put together for you to make sure your Bacon & Beer classic is super successful!
- Buy your tickets early! The will run out fast!
- Figure out where the venue is happening. Is it indoors? Outdoors? And make sure if you’re going to be drinking that you plan on having a lyft or uber or designated driver ahead of time. No drinking and driving please.
- Dress for the weather and especially dress for the event. Our event was outdoors and HOT! Most of us dressed down and I’m so glad I ended up going in flats because I kid you not, I saw multiple people fall from both being drunk and trying to walk in high-heels on mulch and rocks. You can still be cute without all the extras.
- Bring wipes with you. Seriously, bring them and I’m not talking like a tub of them, just bring a small .99 cent pack. Bacon grease is not fun, especially when it’s all over your fingers, so bring the wipes and then everyone wins.
- Sunscreen. This one pretty much explains itself. Especially if the event is outdoors.
- Optional extras: baseball cap, or your choice of hat and sunglasses to help keep the rays away.
Alright, that’s all I got! Cheers and here’s to next one!